Remember the Alamo Event
June 24 & 25 2017
This is not an ACWS run event, we have been invited to take part and therefore we have to abide by the rules laid down by the organisers of MFest 300. All these rules and regulations must be adhered to. Anyone thinking of attending this event must register as soon as possible. The registration form can be found on the Facebook page Remember the Alamo under 'files'. Please note that everyone must register and this includes children of any age. There will be no Registration Fee for the weekend. Those intending to use the Family Camp, which will include re-enactors and the general public, must register and book their place. The following paragraph is a direct quote from the Remember the Alamo site found under 'files'.
"The burning question of where to stay for the event if you don't want to be too far from the action but need/want your comforts - plastic camping. Next door to where the Alamo has been allocated its site to stage the event, separated by a copse of trees, is the camp site. They are accepting modern tents, caravans (your car is allowed to stay with you) and also motor homes. But you will have to book direct through the MFest300 website. There is a charge for this and unfortunately we have been unable to persuade the organisers to let you camp for free, however you won't have to pay an admission fee. Once you on are on the website, across the top are headings, click on tickets - this takes you to the section where tickets for the event can be bought in advance - click on that and then scroll down the page to where it says caravans etc, and book yourself in."
At present the Early Bird camping fee is £15.00 per night. There will be Warning Orders issued by the organisers nearer the time and will be published on the website. Keep checking the Remember the Alamo site for information. Below there are some frequently asked questions, I hope the answers are helpful.
- When can we arrive? The site will be open for both (Texian and Mexican) Army participants to arrive from 12 noon on Thursday 22nd June 2017. For everyone else - Friday 23rd June 2017. On Saturday 24th June 2017 there will be NO vehicular movement from 9am.
- What facilities are there? Porta loos for our usage (suitably disguised); water via stand pipes and wood.
- Is there a skirmish or powder fee? No, there isn't - however, food will be charged at company/battalion level.
- Is there an entrance fee to the Park? Not, BUT please don't forget your car pass, plus if arriving at busy times, please be patient as you will be logged in manually on site.
- When can we arrive if we are modern camping? You may arrive from Friday 23rd June 2017.
- What are the last dates for ordering kit? Sunday 12th March 2017.
- What is the last date for registration? Sunday 23rd April 2017.
- Is there a Traders Row on the Alamo site? Yes - £30 for the weekend.
- Is there a beer tent? There will be a joint Cantina - when you register on arrival you will be given the opportunity to voluntarily purchase Mexican Peso (tokens), valid only in the Cantina.
NB: Dates for your Diaries:
- There will be a Commanders only meeting on 19th February starting at 10am - 1pm at The Vernon Arms Sudbury Derbyshire.
- Army Training/Accreditation weekend - sleeping under canvas - Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th March 2017 at the Vernon Arms Sudbury Derbyshire.
- Ladies only Sewing Circle (Mexican costume) Sunday 12th March 2017 from 2pm at The Vernon Arms Sudbury Derbyshire.
Above created 30th January 2017